Wednesday, October 26, 2005

I think I'm going back to the Christian Science Monitor

Not that I would ever expect the Argus Leader to be something that it is not, but I read an article in the Christian Science Monitor that I would never find in the Argus. Consider the article the Anti-Argus. This is not a problem. No news source can even pretend to be all things to all people. The issue where I put my reading energy. Debate over the welfare state is narrow in scope in South Dakota, let alone this country.

I also think it is cool that there is an article about Finland in an American newspaper. I'm wondering how many articles about Finland have appeared in the New York Times. My imagination needs to be expanded--I have been able to do that when I read the Monitor.

I think that Americans experience a crisis of imagination--anything I can do to fight that tide is going to be helpful.

May you find resources that tweak your imagination.

Pastor Elihu

No comments: