Monday, February 16, 2009

Listening...(Feb. 16 edition)

Feeling That Way...Journey
Before The Worst...The Script
Megamanic...Bob Mould
Jackson...Johnny Cash
Lost Myself...Jason Falkner
Soul Meets Body...Death Cab For Cutie
A Living Prayer...Alison Krauss + Union Station
El Capitan...Idlewild
Ariel...October Project
Ready To Go...Republica
I Will Wait...Hootie and the Blowfish

Some of the songs on this list are repeats from the Feb. 2 edition, but hey, some songs stick. Eighty-five percent of my informal playlists rotate on 2 weeks bases, the rest stay on the list most of the time. Part of it is looking for that running song that will propel me to either move or press on to the endorphine release. The Republica song hasn't been on my rotation for several years--I forgot what a good running song it could be.

I find it amusing to discover what song will register with my children: I would have never pegged my two year old as a Mould fan, but I find it hard to resist walking around the house chanting the catch phrase to the rhythm of my chores: "I never panic, I'm megamanic...MEGAMEGA, MEGAMEGA." She likes to say with me, "MEGAMEGA, MEGAMEGA."

I don't know many Hootie/Darius Rucker fans. I know I'm not the only one, I just don't know any others. I admire his dabbling in R&B and Country. He's also an interesting interview. He recently played a solo show in Sioux Falls (a small miracle--Sioux Falls is THE place to see washed up hair bands and little else). I like to support that kind of show--but our schedule didn't allow it.

No comments: