Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jeopardy with Will Farrell--still funny

My father used to judge entertainment by telling my brothers and me that certain forms were not worthy of time because they had "no socially redeeming value." At first glance, Saturday Night Live may lack that quality. But a tip of my hat to the Jeopardy spoof from SNL. I've learned two words from Sean Connery that I hope appear someday on my GRE.

Mountebank and poltroon--my Granddad would also be pleased I'm still picking up vocabulary words. But first he would want me to spell the word.

Tom Hanks and the versatile Kristen Wiig as Kathie Lee Gifford are good replacements for Jimmy Fallon as French Stewart. The show doesn't really succeed without the Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds characters.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This bit was so outrageously hysterical. Tom Hanks is brilliant.