Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Discombobulated web life and forgiveness

I thought of titling this post: "Qwest sucks"

But I decided not to because everyone has a bad day, including those in the customer service business. Qwest had a horrendous day with me, and like a true neanderthal I snapped at my two-year-old child because of it. With tears running down her face I apologized profusely, ran my fingers through her hair and said, "I'm not mad at you, I'm mad at the computer people. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" She smiled and gave me a hug. If that wasn't the sweetest thing and the best grace...

I am borrowing my parents' computer tonight because I am receiving poor customer service in getting connected, and I have another week to wait. The story is not that interesting. One company continued to pass me off from department to department, while another company said expediently, "I can help you with that."

I miss my web life. I am hopeful it will return next week.

I miss writing online. I suppose I could get all primitive and type out a few thoughts on Word.

Keeping up with writing can be hard enough--dealing with adversity on top of that challenge is too much to take as I am recovering from this move.

No comments: